Monday, April 13, 2009

Learning C


Just a little update about myself: I'm learning C! (The programing language, not the letter. ;) ) I already know some Python and Java, and I thought I should master a language. Why C? Well, why not! It's fairly simple, and once you know it you can easily learn other languages. Since I already know the basics of programing (In general), I'm using http://aelinik.free.fr/c/ to learn and Microsoft Visual C++ (and the IDE that comes with it) to code. (I'm using GCC in Linux, but i find programing C in windows easier.)

If anyone has any advise they could give me, or any links to good C or C++ resources to use that would be awesome-tastic :). (Just leave a comment!)
-Drummeralec

3 comments:

Budgetperson said...

Nice That's Great! Love your blog. Advice - GET A GOOD BOOK. I know they can be expensive, but books can really help. Look for the best one. You never know with the internet, although it is a great source of info. You can develop iPhone apps in C... would be awesome if you did :D .

drummeralec said...

Dude. How the h*** did you read my mind. Im soo trying to develop iphone OS apps lol. (first i need an iphone and the SDK only runs on macs so i need a mac too lol). But the sdk runs objective-c so i could so do that. lol ;)

Unknown said...

Alec, my dad might have some books that could help. ( C and C++) I might be able to lend them to you.